Goose Creek offers a variety of social skills groups for children, teenagers and young adults, especially in a world of electronic communication that contributes to the difficulties that many young people have to connect with others.
Our Groups Focus On
- Managing impulses
- Picking up on nonverbal communication
- Developing socially appropriate responses
- Making friends
- Building strong social relationships
- Organization, tone and other elements to relationships
- Social anxiety
- Coming out of your shell
- Developing and showing empathy
- Asymmetrical and symmetrical communication skills
- Social Anxiety
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Being Shy or Introverted
Social Skills Groups Planned
Mental Health Groups
- None Are Currently Scheduled
Socials Skills Groups
- Teens Social Skills Group: A group for teens, ages 14-17 years old. Facilitated by Irina Maksimets- MSW, LCSW, Therapist, and Life Coach.
- Young Adults Social Skills Group: A group for young adults, ages 18-25 years old. Facilitated by Peggy Maslanka- MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling and ADHD Coach.