Coaching for individuals with depression, dysthymia, reoccurring depression and major depressive disorder is focused on coming up with individual plans to meet goals and managing triggers that can impact your mood. At Goose Creek Coaching, we focus on a variety of techniques to identify and help manage triggers, such as lack of sleep, stress, anxiety, confrontation and psychosocial problems.
Borrowing from the best of coaching, Insight-Oriented Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, we provide a supportive and nurturing environment that allows clients with depression to manage their day-to-day feeling, their comfort level in social situations, the amount of isolation, career goals, motivation, sleep and other factors that reduce the likelihood of depressive episodes.
Depression affects how you feel, think and behave. Depression can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. You may have trouble with normal day-to-day activities and, at times, may feel that life is not worth living.
- Depressed mood, sadness and crying spells
- Sleep and appetite problems
- Not able to concentrate or make decisions
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and/or hopelessness
- Not able to enjoy things you once liked, not wanting to socialize
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide
Other Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Mood Disorder, NOS
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Anxious Depression
- Substance-induced disorders