We offer a group for high school students preparing to make the transition to college. The groups are focused on those who are trying to get ahead and those who are struggling with the college application, selection and adjustment processes. Our coach who specializes on college transition, Valerie Tunks, a Board Certified Coach who is a guidance counselor and Nationally Certified Counselor, provides these services on a one-on-one basis as well.
The subjects that group addresses include:
- Developing a college plan
- Preparing and test taking skills for the PSATs and SATs
- Selecting where to apply to college
- Writing college application essays
- Completing the college application
- Developing a resume
- Managing your finances in college
- Career and Personality preference testing
- Filing out student aid forms, such as the FASFA
- Self-advocacy in college
- The activities of daily living
Contact Us for a Consult or Information.